…. caught up in the monotony of life, I began losing my own individuality. Life consisted of so much stuff, meaningful responsibilities but lacked passion, drive, genuine interest and/or hobbies. Day in and day out…giving my best, looking the part, doing what I know to do…something was just missing.
I was missing!
When YOU and your passion(s) are not a part of the daily/weekly routine ….this is not living… Its called surviving…(I was created to do more than survive)…Its like running the car on fumes. It was only a matter of time before the empty tank revealed itself. Busy, Tired and Unfufilled…(Deep Sigh)
Does this sound familiar? Pause right now and Thank God YOUR ship hasn’t sank. (Stay with me, this is going to HELP somebody!)
At some point, this was my reality and when I finally realized it, I knew change had to take place. I had to find my place of Thriving. I had to face this reality and establish an intentional plan to make it right. Life was not bad..something was just missing and my tank was quickly running out of gas.. Change it is..
The process of change is not always an easy task. Committed to finding me I continued in this process and found, simply teri. Hold on, don’t mistake simply for simple.. (wink)
Teri is a woman of character who’s smile radiates and welcomes while her heart seeps through her interactions. Very social and equally enjoys her time alone. You might ask, … how did I find her and what did that process look like:
- Admit change needs to take place- Step #1
- Pray and ask God to give me eyes to see myself, my interest and my passion. Its that simple.
- Invest consistent time to spend with YOU, even if its 15-30 minutes. There is always time…make your ME time a priority and PENCIL it in. If its not on the calendar, it doesn’t happen.
- Take inventory of things that inspire, motivate, excite you and genuinely makes you happy. Keep a running list as ideas come to mind. It may even surprise you. Tap into these things
- Be attentive to what others repeatedly say you are good at. Often this alone is spot on to your authentic interests
- Journaling. Daily or weekly writing about nothing and everything is effortless self-discovery. I LOVE WRITING!!! I am a creative and love the ability to express myself with words.
- Calendar EVERYTHING. This not only keeps you organized but provides a snapshot of where your time is going and provokes you to insert YOU. I LOVE my Planner and I love seeing ME in it.
- Do something out of your norm. Be intentional and embrace the demonstrated Love of self. I am FABULOUS and I love this simply Teri!!
Trust, this is not a one and done task, it’s an ongoing process and I continue to walk in this today! So if you notice something different about me..added sparkle or a little glitter- this may have a tad bit to do with it. (wink)
Until next time….